News and Discoveries.

Recent Posts

Followers

October 11, 2017

More Rogers family located



I was searching through some old Oil City newspapers online when I came across an obituary.  The obituary was for my great uncle Bert Harry Rogers.  To my surprise I discovered that even though he passed away at 24 years of age of TB he had been married and had two sons!  All these years I had thought he was single when he passed away.
The search was on, if he had two sons I wondered if any information about them could be found.  My first search turned up that Bert's first son Bert Jr had passed way in California.  Then I managed to locate his second son, Don.  After some additional digging I was able to locate Don's son.  I managed to find an email address for Don's son and sent an email with some family details.

Next thing I know I had a response and he knew of my great grandfather Frank Rogers!  Next I was told that his father Don wanted to talk to me so I phoned and we spent more than an hour and a half on the phone.  It was great!  I've since spoken with Bert Jr's son, and Don's children.  The family is alive and well and we have new 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th cousins!

0 comments: