News and Discoveries.

Recent Posts

Followers

December 13, 2012

Another Field line in Canada


The Forge, Field family home.  Frant, Sussex. C. 1910
Last night I was surprised to discover that another member of the Field family had immigrated to Canada. Arthur Edward Field and his wife Ann Chapman were married in Cranbrook, Kent in 1903. They then took a trip to the United States to visit some Chapman relatives in Sycamore, Illinois. I'm not sure how long there were there but their oldest son Arthur M. Field was born in the United States in 1905.

In 1907 Arthur Field arrived in Canada and apparently settled in Vancouver, Canada. They had four children that I know of, Arthur M., Stephen E., Alice D., and Frederick John. Arthur and his wife Ann both passed away in 1939, Arthur in March and Ann in November.

***I have not yet been able to trace any of the family after 1939.***

Update May 30th 2012: I have now been in touch with the family, a descendant of Frederick John Field. We will be updating our family tree.

My great grandfather Philip Percy Field and Arthur Edward Field were second cousins.

0 comments: