News and Discoveries.

Recent Posts

Followers

December 13, 2012

Rogers Family


A brick wall as it's called in genealogy has started to fall for the Rogers family!

A couple weeks ago I decided to search the familysearch.org website to see if there was anything new. There sure was, the had the images for two of Frank J Rogers my great grandfathers marriages and two images of my 2nd great grandparents marriage, Harry Lewis Rogers and Carrie Fisher. The later provided me with the names of my 3rd great grand parents, Joseph J. Rogers and Elizabeth Lewis. I was also able to locate the death certificate for Joseph J. Rogers who passed away in Hamilton, Ontario.

I decided to subscribe to a website called newspaperarchive.com and so far it has been well worth the money. I've located obituaries for various branches of the family including the Rogers family of Oil City, PA.

I have also been in touch with a new cousin related on the Lewis side of the family.

Ron

0 comments: